Thursday, September 09, 2010

How spirituality helps me.

It is funny when I think of it but I have not written much about spirituality. I have mentioned it casually but never pointed out the technicalities. Lately I have been discovering a lot of things about myself. Because I have been spiritually trained, I tend to pay too much attention to whats happening inside me. Being a Virgo and a spiritually inclined at that sort of ups my critical and introspective quotient. Sometimes I really think I have always been a natural at that and just hit home an year back when I first took a conscious step towards disciplining myself. And the disciplining has more than just worked.

For starters I am way to aware and can understand way too much. This sort of amuses me sometimes because I end up having multiple conversations with myself where I argue and counter argue. I play all parts and thats my way of understanding my life situations.

Coming back to spirituality, I don't think I can articulate enough words to really put the message across the way it should be put, but I am definitely putting out the effect it has on me for everyone else to read.

I am inconsistent with my spiritual practices and I consider that the biggest factor responsible for the way I deal with people around me and the way I deal with situations.

Now if I am consistent with my practices and if I dutifully do what I learnt back there then this is what I observe in me :

Nothing bothers me, nothing affects me strongly, there are hardly moments of doubts.

Through regular meditation I have been able to develop my intuition. By intuition I mean the subtle nag that directs action and thought.

I have a stabler mind.

I stop running fighting circumstances.

I am content.

I am able to concentrate one pointedly on the task at hand.

I can understand when the need to prioritise arises, when I need to halt, make shifts and re-prioritise stuff.

I ideate more.

I remain alert and aware all the time.

I think quickly, create and organise better.

I learn to break my thought process, re arrange the patterns and then continue arranging.

I listen more, do more.

I think less, be less impatient.

I learn to differentiate spontaneity from impulse.

And after all this and more there is this most important thing which is worth sharing :

There is a lot less of 'I' and more the realisation of it.

1 comment:

Nitin said...

You didn't receive wisdom; you discovered it for yourself.. after a journey that no one could have taken for you or spared for you.

The longest journey, is the journey inwards.. & Spirituality is a domain of awareness.

Your present stage of calmness, stable mind, focus, bold spirit, understanding, alertness of mind and patience comes from your belief, training and subsequent practice...

The change is visible... I have been an observer all this time...

Tonnes of Love n Affection.. keep singing baby :)

Missing : Mothership

No one warned me that being an immigrant meant being stuck in time.  My life is anything but simple. But my life has hardly ever been what i...