Saturday, August 05, 2006

Astrologers and my Mamma.....God save Us!!!

As I opened the door to let Mamma enter, her smiling face told me her encounter with our fate-decider had been successful(she kissed me you know!!!). According to her(the palmist) my and my kid sister's future is going to be very very bright. I will do wonders in the technical field(yeah sure...ask me!!!!) and my sis will surely be a doctor,dentist (watever!!). While my dear mamma was narrating the incident I had already started cerebrating(I think too much you know!!).

Performing well in the technical field!!! HA HA HA!!! Thats like Charlie Chaplin doing a Devdas!! Now I am not going to get into the details of my forlorn attempts to study(refer-myfirst blog!!!).What I am trying to highlight here is how immaculately the palmist got my mum to believe the unbelievable. She(mamma) makes me wonder when she believes what she hears and not what she sees!! But her readiness to accept the impossible is justified.


Sometimes what you want becomes the truth and not what you are.You tend to accomodate your reality in the peripheries of convinience. Guess thats what drives the world............and my Mum!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well well! let me tell u abt a palmist who told someone that his son will be doing magic in technical field, and u know wat the boy ended up as an electrician! i hope this is not the same palmist!Amen!!!!
The palmist business is like selling dreams and that's what they are good at! the better they shape the dreams the larger the sum of money they receive...but my cherry pie u will be doing good whatever field u enter! no one will be able to stop u reaching where u deserve to be and that is nothing but the top!

Wandering Soul said...

crisp, concise n precise...gud show i wud say!!
to put it in odr words i wud say...ur blog tells of d catch betwenn reality n myth,between truth n faith,between divine n conscience.
well it will always be a trajectory tht lies midway of these 2 worlds.n ppl travel it with immaculate precision without ever falling off.
gud to read a nice stuff!!!

Anonymous said...

Dare i ask, was he/she close to reality?

Missing : Mothership

No one warned me that being an immigrant meant being stuck in time.  My life is anything but simple. But my life has hardly ever been what i...