Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Reverie...

I sit at the door,Waiting
Staring out at the horizon
The sun is sinking down
It is time to go home.
My eyes fixed on the road
And I see him from a distance
My heart skips a beat
A 1000 emotions rush in.
He appears closer now
With each step he takes towards me
My heart races all the more.
I get up and walk to the entrance..
To welcome The Man,
To welcome him- My Man!
I see his face clearly now
And I feel him looking at me.
As he stands in front of me
His eyes penetrating mine,
His head held high,
And smilingly he says Lets go.
And I set out with him to explore the unknown,
To unravel the mysteries that await Us;
Its me and Him and Our beliefs
Our promise to enjoy, TOGETHER..
Laugh and play and play and laugh
And go on like that Forever
Forever-till the time it lasts.
A tear rolls down my cheek
Its just another gloomy reverie
My eyes still fixed on the road
But the sun has sunk
Its just left tranquility behind
And ME sitting at the door,
Still waiting....


8 comments:

Wandering Soul said...

by the time i had read d 3/4th poem i felt like it ws another girls fairy tale kinda thing. bt d ending ws different..i dunno wat ws in ur mind..but if it had anythin in common to ur real life...be happy n keep smilin.change is inevitable. but if it ws a figment of ur imagination i wud say kudos to u...well written n well ended as well

Paras Shah said...

Good Poem.

Anonymous said...

ooh my god!!!! dear, u stole words from my mouth...i can so imagine myself sittin @ the door...:-).i must say one thing thou..culdnt have put it in better words myself....
amazingly written....simple but quite suttle!!

nidhi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
nidhi said...

Thanks i would have liked if I had known the name of my appreciator.

One in the crowd said...

Staring out into the horizon and dreams of chasing those elusive butterflies...it's interesting how most of the people, when left alone, are so basic in their thoughts...I had written a post like this on my previous blog and I have lost count of the number of people who have written similar stuff...

Btw, first time here...nice blog

Anonymous said...

hey nidhi its coool yar, its just gr8, u know wat people have feelings, emotions, they want to express it out but they cant, but some gifted peope has got power of words and u have got that keep it up, am impressed a lot. simmplyy gr8

Anonymous said...

whats eternity.. i am still to discover it...

Missing : Mothership

No one warned me that being an immigrant meant being stuck in time.  My life is anything but simple. But my life has hardly ever been what i...