Sunday, June 27, 2010

Less of the real thing, more about the idea of it!!!

Relationships have always amused me and more often its people's perspectives about a particular feeling that gets me thinking. These days its love(or like??) between a man and a woman that has caught my attention. The context in which the word love is used has been transformed to such an extent, the intentions are so disguised its hard to tell whose looking for what.

There is so much ado about the priorities and ironically love has no place. Everyone is making plans for themselves, everyone is looking forward to a great career and love has taken a back seat full time. The irony comes when laws of attraction work despite the noise people make about 'no time for love'. Neither can they overlook it and nor does the mind let them surrender. So ways are worked out and things are carefully planned.

Planned! Love and planning... I guess so many thoughts have build up in my head, it had to peak and had to come out. And this is exactly what has been running through my head... infact much more..

Okhay... so you can't commit! You have your plans to make a great career, work is the only priority, love can wait sweetie... Yeah yeah... I have heard this more than I can remember. Tell me something new. Tell me something real, something believable.

But wait, how can you? Haven't you already blurred the lines between real and unreal? Haven't you already made sure you come across as fiercely independent, very focussed as long as work goes and extremely diplomatic when it comes to love. Don't you prefer partying and hanging out together to promising forevers? Don't you say 'love yous' too often and take great care not to add 'I's' to the phrase?

The hype that you create about love reminds me of milk powder ad commercials. Do you see real milk commercials? No na. The same is with love. Stop talking about it, start experiencing it!

How is it that you can go on flirting and flinch at the idea of spending the whole life together? Why do words like eternity and commitments send you running in the opposite directions? Do money, power and promotion have the same effect on you?

Do you realize the hypocrisy that is so much a part of you is not letting you experience the purest of the emotions? Do you know, perfectionism, that you are seeking, comes at a cost? And what freedom are you talking about huh? Do you leave home because your parents are strict? Why do you expect your girl friend to be so accommodating? Would you be as flexible as you would want her to be? You want everything that happens between normal couples, but you don't want to adjust like they do.

Why such ironies?

5 comments:

Nitin said...

Your task is not to seek love, but merely to seek & find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.

The one thing we can never get enough of is love. And the one thing we can never give enough of is love.

Tonnes of Love !!

Nidhi Kalra said...

Yay!!! I second that! From now onwards I support Love the way it is, the way its meant to be, the way it always was.

People come, people go, mindsets form, mindsets change. The relationships I could have been in, the relationships I am not in, every vague ambiguous feeling I let myself feel, I tried hard to feel, I guess am done with all that stupid pretences. I know what works for me and that gives me more peace and clear direction than anything else.

BTW I conclude... I am way more clear about what I want in life than most that I meet. Why was I trying to be someone else?

N huggsss and thanks for being there like always!! Love you!!

Anonymous said...

You forgot the I in the comment above :) your blog was just explaining I's and nots...he he...well said...enough said...your work always speak better than your emotions :)

nidhi said...

What? I lost you completely on this? You mind explaining in a bit more detail?

Anonymous said...

well the details are as follows :

Being so much aware of what is around you...you always explore as a writer...but as said did u ever found time for yourself....did u ever think that if u meet the guy whom you would love...where the heart comes into picture feel the same way as u want...where in if the soul has to be one when why all the blaming to time...if you plan something and doesnt go good ... u get ironic...i get sarcastic...

whereas relations in love always remain if they are destined to...it just a matter of time that people start believing in that Law of attraction works..but there must be a GOD who has made this law...and he has our blueprint :)

Missing : Mothership

No one warned me that being an immigrant meant being stuck in time.  My life is anything but simple. But my life has hardly ever been what i...