Friday, July 08, 2011

I can not get over the rainy season

Things have changed, they definitely have because yesterday evening when it began to pour, I was home..cooking. And then I was on phone for an hour or so. I did open the balcony door, did peek out and watched the rain fall but unlike old times not once did I stopped to gaze. But by night things had changed. Nostalgia had hit. Rains do that to me.. yesterday as well, I spent quite a bit of time recollecting some good memories attached to monsoon. The certain rituals that I have always been part of every monsoon are ingrained in my memory forever. Stuff like monsoon texts, spontaneous chai and dalwada meet-ups, long drives with songs playing full volume, getting drenched or simple sitting at home and hearing the rains pour are like the must-dos.

This time too I was woken up by an early morning call from an old buddy who couldn't stop ga ga-ing about the weather and the view from his house. 'What rains!!! What atmostphere! Chal aaja ghar chai peene ko.' We promised to catch up in a few days and hung up. Later when I drove to work, without a helmet, the wet roads, the puddles and the damp air and the drizzle did consume me.

Whatever might change, whatever might come and go, this season still is and will always remain my favorite!

BTW, I came across these lyrics in an article on the best advises mothers give to their daughters. Its by Lee Ann Womack and my eccentric head says is perfect for this weather :

This one is for mood revival and eternal hope :

'I hope you still feel small when you stand by the ocean.
Whenever one door closes, I hope one more opens.
Promise me you'll give faith a fighting chance.
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance.
I hope you dance.'

No comments:

Missing : Mothership

No one warned me that being an immigrant meant being stuck in time.  My life is anything but simple. But my life has hardly ever been what i...