Wednesday, May 02, 2007

A vivid dream..

The unfinished white building has been a part of all my dreams ever since I can remember. The dreams, on the other hand, I forget. But this particular dream has remained and I doubt would ever fade away. My alter ego taking me on an introspection ride!

"If ever given a chance to change one thing in your life what would it be? And my answer to it has always been, "Nothing, I have no regrets!!". Feels extremely proud saying in that but the fact is, if given a chance I would have broken lesser number of hearts. That is one thing I would want to undo if I ever got a chance to go back into time. You know why? Its because nothing said or done by someone to you leaves you completely. It lingers on, sometimes forever. It won’t pester you but it would be there, in the background. Its like one more line drawn on your life's canvas. I think I have been smart enough to understand a lot of things much early in my life. One-never try and forget because that is the time when the moments cling on to you with all the strength they can muster, two-talk about it. That’s the best way to move ahead taking all those jiffies along. It doesn't look so difficult then. Life is about moving ahead. Yeah to all the broken souls this would be sounding like yet another lecture but trust me it’s my observation and experience. Nothing remains forever. Neither good nor bad, neither happiness nor sadness. My dad has something similar written in hindi on an acrylic sheet in his office. It says 'Yeh bhi nahi rahega...ha ha ha'. It is so true. One of the biggest facts put in the simplest words.

According to me, the desire to relive certain moments gives rise to memories. Then why the hell would one want to run away from them??!!! Think about it. The deepest and the most understood moments in one's life are the ones that haunt most of us and the most. The constant conflict between the want to feel those moments again and trying to run away from them at the same time plays havoc to our mind and heart. Why bother ourselves so much when we can simply move ahead taking along everything that we have always wanted to? Each one of has that capacity. A leader never moves alone he takes the entire team along with him. That’s how it should be. Leading your own life shouldn't be about you moving ahead and discovering each time when you look back that you are all alone. Let those memories cling on. Let the moments take you in their stride. Come face to face with them whenever they want you to. Look them straight into the eyes and keep looking till its time for one more moment to happen and the present one to pass by. Everything has its time and occurrence and nothing happens before or after that. So even if you try to stop it your attempts would be wasted. Sometimes its clever work to surrender to the laws of nature because life sure comes a full circle...

Its not about making the right choices but about choosing what you want. Its about taking decisions and never going back on them. Its about getting ready to face the consequences once the decisions have been taken. Its about listening to yourself when people are shouting advices in your ears. Its about stopping trying to undoing and redoing things. Its about making one more effort and peeling off all the layers of impossibilities. Its about being there and then moving ahead..."

The whiteness of the building and the brightness of AE(alter ego) was almost blended. The dream has never returned after that but has left behind answers to a lot of unasked questions. These words resound in my head whenever I am confused. Do all of you have one such voice inside your head that comes to your rescue when you are lost? Have you all met your african dancer yet?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

a very good writing...but watever u said its a lil difficult to actually do it life,to take it in practice...

Missing : Mothership

No one warned me that being an immigrant meant being stuck in time.  My life is anything but simple. But my life has hardly ever been what i...