Saturday, April 26, 2008

Another volley of thoughts...

I was going through one of my friends wedding/honeymoon pictures. There was one picture where she sat in the doli blankly posing for the camera. I cried looking at that one. Because it hurt that none of us were present with her at such an important juncture of her life. I missed being there with her. I knew she was not happy. She had been pushed into this. She had cried the last time I saw her in Ahmedabad. I wasn't looking at her vidaai pictures and crying thinking I would go through the same. What hurt me more was how alone she looked. And then my thoughts drifted towards something else. I thought to myself..What the hell! We make so much of fuss about marriage, love and dream-boys. I have spent hours thinking about a good life, a settled future. My whole life- how I want it to be 10 years down the line. It is so real that I can almost touch it and then there is her... my reality check. Making me realize how important it is to live in the present. Sometimes I am concerned when I keep on waiting for the best to happen to me. I worry losing out on what is being offered...
Oh sweetheart! Be happy and remain so forever. I would love to see you falling in love with this guy who you call your husband now. Wishing you lots of happiness and well-being.


PS : Cliche - Life is about moving forward...
Ideologies should be updated drawing onto new experiences moulding the mind, ridding oneself of rigidity.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sure you have heard this song from Mr. Sinatra... somehow this applies so much to me and I guess to a lot of others...


And now, the end is near;
And so I face the final curtain.
My friend, Ill say it clear,
Ill state my case, of which Im certain.

Ive lived a life thats full.
Ive traveled each and evry highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, Ive had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

I planned each charted course;
Each careful step along the byway,
But more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Yes, there were times, Im sure you knew
When I bit off more than I could chew.
But through it all, when there was doubt,
I ate it up and spit it out.
I faced it all and I stood tall;
And did it my way.

Ive loved, Ive laughed and cried.
Ive had my fill; my share of losing.
And now, as tears subside,
I find it all so amusing.

To think I did all that;
And may I say - not in a shy way,
No, oh no not me,
I did it my way.

For what is a man, what has he got?
If not himself, then he has naught.
To say the things he truly feels;
And not the words of one who kneels.
The record shows I took the blows -
And did it my way!

Nidhi Kalra said...

amazing...

Missing : Mothership

No one warned me that being an immigrant meant being stuck in time.  My life is anything but simple. But my life has hardly ever been what i...