Saturday, February 13, 2010

My first assignment for the Writers Bureau is on its way to Manchester


Yeah.. atlast, the first assignment is on its way which means I am done with the first blue book in the comprehensive creative writing series. Yippeee!!!

Guys, I am posting the answer to the question I raised more than 5 blogs ago. Thanks to all for replying then.

The question asked which I even posted here was - Tell us in 300 words why you want to write, what you hope to gain from this course and your ambitions for the future.

And this is what I wrote

Will my saying I love to write suffice? That is the precisely the reason why I took up writing as a career. But in a more elaborate way, I want to write because it gives me a chance to experiment with words. It gives me opportunities to look at a single situation and think of it from several perspectives and express them differently.

The vividness of words, the colourful vocabulary and the pictures I can conjure up through my writing inspire me to write more.

I began with writing a blog. Four years back when I began writing it, it was because I wanted to utilise my creativity somewhere and I could think of nowhere else but on paper. It let me be imaginative. It let me be creative. It was to me what a canvas is to a painter. I could splash words on it whichever way I pleased. And every time a new piece came into being which was different that the one before. The newness is one thing about writing which has always made me come back to it. The fact that there is always something to write, something to describe is what keeps me going.

Through this course I aim to be flawless at writing. I take my career as a writer quite seriously and I want to have a full overview of each genre of writing, explore each at my own pace and then decide which suits my abilities the most. I am sure this course is designed to help me achieve these goals.

My immediate goal is to be a travel writer. Owing to my sheer fascination for travelling, food, meeting new people backed by a strong purpose to write I wish to be a travel writer. As for my long-term ambitions, I want to run my own business where writing is central to business. It can be anything; a content management firm, a copywriting firm or an institute that trains writers.

Can everyone who read this rate the answer on a scale of 1 to 5. Thanks in advance.

PS : This is blog number 100 and in a way a good day to be written on. Ma arrives tonight. :)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Everyone would give you their marks according to their ability n how they think....i will give you 5/5 n even more if i can...for sure...btw congrats for blog no 100 but i think this one was 99 n nxt one is 100...but watever it is 100 to hgye so i need a party...n that too for sure...

Samir said...

Wow.. Nice use of metaphors in that piece of writing. And an excellent way of answering ur own question there. Though i dont think i qualify in any way to judge this, but, since u asked, i 'd give it a 4 on 5.As for completin ur century.. Congrats and Lage raho!

Anonymous said...

The answer got a HIGH 5...the blog gots the beauty...keep on the beautiful work...consistancy is our duty.. :)

Jay Bhatt said...

Reaching a blog on a 100th count after 4 years, itself means how fine is the art of creativity. And creativity is a factor that is intangible.

All I can say is keep going to enhance the skill of writing!

Anonymous said...

mwaaaah!!!a big hug!!!!5 on 5 babie!!!

Unknown said...

hmmmmmm .........ummmmmm ...hmmmmm ab kya kahoon.... I always want to rebel against what is being said....even though if I liek it.... I will find something to criticize about.... maybe more than criticizing I guess I am too hooked on to give my view...and shall do the same here....

" You are a good writer. hmmm well every genre of writing...its good to experiment I guess its very imp to define a style of yur own.....I haven't read all yur blogs....not becus dey arent good , but just that I am not an avid reader. in fact I never read so much.... as I am impatient... I just go by feeling and emotion. If it appeals to me as in some structures or some words then noting wud stop me from reading....but ya dat wud rarely happen as I dun give myself enuff time at times..... :P "

End of the day ....... keep up your work....and spontaneity and pls write less abt tigers and nature an travel :P lol I want some regular fiction ! haha short stories...dark and depressing ones.if possible. well its just a request..aage its upto yu... obv yu can't force someone to write....equivalent to saying that yu can't force someone to feel....

one more analysis I made....I believe this post had 300 words (as in yur post to writers bureau)
well the 100th post with 300 words....hmmm matlab 3 times the good luck :)))) well yu knw its my sheer love for randomness dat akes me say such things :P

take care :)

Missing : Mothership

No one warned me that being an immigrant meant being stuck in time.  My life is anything but simple. But my life has hardly ever been what i...