Friday, November 26, 2010

The celestine prophecy is true!

I stopped reading "Break ke baad" ka review and came here to quickly blog. Why? Because the review said something like this : "But this movie is not just about temporary break-ups or how time away can get a couple to appreciate each other better (as you would've expected). It feeds on the alluring idea of exploring the unknown within us while following one's dreams. And that is exactly what Aaliya wants to do. Having dated just Abhay ever since, her life feels incomplete and she needs a break. Not necessarily to date other people but to experience a different life in an unknown world. Gold Coast tourism board and an Australian university come to the rescue with some not-so-subliminal in-film advertising and Aaliya is on her way to the land of beer and beaches (and to pursue a course in mass communication) for a year."

Mass communication for an year in Australia... breaking up with the boyfriend to explore that unknown side. To connect with the insides... the insights spoken of in the book "the celestine prophecy" that talk about being full within instead of looking for someone to complete you on the outside.

Isn't this a co-incidence to find a movie on the same line of thought while I am reading a book which explains a similar phenomenon? It only proves the theories explained in the book right. The book asks people to read the signs, the co-incidences which happen to often, the people you chance upon so often.. they all bring a message which would be an answer to the current questions in your head. This concept is repetitively explained in the book and so believably, some of it I have read and almost shrieked that it has happened to me as well!!

The book has come to me at a very appropriate time. For starters it has come to me because I am ready. For a lot of reasons I can relate my current thoughts to what they were when I had gone in for STP in rishikesh. All those deep insights I had about my life, all the things I learnt from ordinary experiences, every weird thought I was apprehensive to share with anyone got affirmed in SM. The same has happened to me after reading The Celestine Prophesy. It is helping me unlearn, unknot and review everything in my life as one big story.

The beauty of reading words that are so simple and easy to understand is that you have already experienced all of it in motion.

Isn't it a delight to have someone describe your emotions for you and that too so flawlessly?

And when you find the perfect words.. the celestine prohesy proves to be right once again. Like the review concludes the flavor of the movie for everyone by these words "before finding the one for you, go find yourself. "

Perfect!

No comments:

Missing : Mothership

No one warned me that being an immigrant meant being stuck in time.  My life is anything but simple. But my life has hardly ever been what i...