Wednesday, April 27, 2011

5 things you should not store on your phone. However smart it claims it is. :)

Remember me cribbing about my old Nokia N81 that stayed with me for good long 2 and half years. I bought a Samsung Wave 533 in December 2010. And today at around 945am I lost it. Black tongue as you may call me, but a few days back I was telling my colleagues that Samsung has failed to hold my attention, it is not even an android phone and I might buy a new phone soon. Did I know then, this is how I would buy a new phone.

Anyway, As soon as I lost it, I called the customer care and got my phone locked. I went to the nearby store and asked them to issue me a new sim card with same number. They told me, I could do that only if I had an id proof of the person under whose name the phone has been registered. And.. it is registered under my brothers name who doesn't reside in Ahmedabad. Well given the circumstances, I might get his id proof only in the evening.

Before that I am going home to check, the one option I totally ruled out, that the phone might be at home only. But the chances are slim.

Now without a phone and no phone numbers, I do not feel as disconnected as you might expect me to be. But losing the phone definitely has made me alert about the sort of things I should not store on my phone.

1. Private messages. However iresistible it is to go through them over and over, delete them from time to time. It is better than to have some stranger read your messages.
2. Pictures. Mannn! I almost missed my phone thinking about the lovely food pics, my pics and so many other pics, the phone had. Store everything on the phone. If the phone memory is not enough, buy a phone that has more internal memory. This way when you lock the phone, it will be But, its gone, its gone. :|
3. Don't store bank details esp acct details and atm pins, pwds together.
4. If you have synced emails on your phone, change passwords immediately.
5. Take back ups of everything important that you store on the phone.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Instead of not doing all these..

1. Be responsible.
2. Dont try looking / picking calls while driving
3. Dont make a rule to pick up all calls within 5 seconds.
4. Have a password protection, so that SMSes & pictures are not misused
5. Treat a cell phone as a mere devise, not your life & soul.
6. Dont get pissed off after reading above 5 comments.
7. You are my lil sweetheart :)

Keshu said...

yupp i do agree dat its better to delt d private msgs rathr dan being caught by e1 family...it costs a LOTTT trust me...n felt rteally sori 4 ur lost fone!!!

Missing : Mothership

No one warned me that being an immigrant meant being stuck in time.  My life is anything but simple. But my life has hardly ever been what i...