Tuesday, September 12, 2017

The new girl

I looked at her face and saw no depth in it. Maybe that's why she is the perfect match for him. Out of all the Facebook congratulatory messages on her page, one particular comment caught my eye. Someone called 'Guruma' had poured her blessings all over the comments section and I was ready for a genda phool to miraculously drop out of her profile picture! Based on her gooey sentiments I guessed she was someone whose opinions were highly valued. Possibly she was the divine intervention that led to this ludicrous union. 

I couldn't help cry a wee bit at the painful irony of this. A spiritual guru whose aim should be to help this girl detach from moh-mahya of sansaar is helping her become a part of it. But isn't this normal in elitist circles? Diamond clad spiritually awakened damsels helping pin-brained fellow fools get by with everyday life. It is.

Excuse me for forgetting the superficiality of the place where she has gone to, but it has been a while since I bid adieu to it. 

Since she did agree to this communion, it is safe to assume she knows he is a closet psychiatric patient who will remain behind closed doors until it is safe for him to come out, which is basically when they will have been officially hooked.

I am assuming she is aware that drunk incidences and the ruckus behavior that follows will be part of her daily life and that she is a non-ambitious, subservient woman who is absolutely ok to trade her independence and sense of self with diamonds and foreign vacations. And that vacations will be spent locked-up in five-star hotels drinking and sleeping.

I am guessing this must have seemed absolutely exciting to her. So much so that she did not bother inquiring about his past. Well, I resigned too. She must have too, by now.

I looked at her photographs once again.

Her skin deep existence made so much sense.

No comments:

Missing : Mothership

No one warned me that being an immigrant meant being stuck in time.  My life is anything but simple. But my life has hardly ever been what i...