Saturday, June 09, 2007

Needy me Part II

=> An empty road, trees grown on the sides. A dark cloudy evening that signals arrival of the monsoon. The smell of rain in the air. The wet soil. The bored plants that wait to be grazed over by the herd. The delay,the wait. The clouds still indicate the arrival as they start getting darker, more intense with a thunderbolt accompanying them now. It has been long and quite some wait now. With every flash in the sky the hopes get higher and the expectant faces keep shooting glances at the sky. "It should rain, it should rain now.", the heart prays. And then a little droplet falls somewhere on face, so little that it even fails to wet the fingertips. As the tips still grope for the little thing another one falls on the hand and yes! its the rain finally. The face brightens up, the smile is evident. And theres one more drop on the cheek and one on the lips and before realizing its a down pour....

Welcome to the monsoons!!! It high time this side of mother earth saw you.


=> Barren land. Mountains. Rocky roads. A bumpy ride in a vintage car...A convertible maybe?? Norah Jones singing "My heart is drenched in wine, you'll be on my mind...". Laughter, giggles, hugs and stolen kisses. Saying "I Love You.."


=> Fireplace in an ancient house. Snowfall. Grandma's rocking chair. A bean bag. A soft velvety mattress. And this-

"Like a flower
Waiting to bloom
Like a light bulb
In a dark room
I'm just sitting here waiting for you
To come on home and turn me on

Like the desert waiting for the rain
Like a school kid waiting for the spring
Im just sitting here waiting for you
To come on home and turn me on

My poor heart
It's been so dark
Since you've been gone
After all you're the one who turns me off
You're the only one who can turn me back on

My hi-fi is waiting for a new tune
My glass is waiting for some fresh ice cubes
I'm just sitting here waiting for you
To come on home and turn me on"



=> The ocean. The lazy winds. The ruffled unruly hair. Grains of sand on the face.
The white sand. The salty kiss. And the heart singing-

"It's not the pale moon that excites me
That thrills and delights me, oh no
It's just the nearness of you

It isn't your sweet conversation
That brings this sensation, oh no
It's just the nearness of you

When you're in my arms and I feel you so close to me
All my wildest dreams came true

I need no soft lights to enchant me
If you'll only grant me the right
To hold you ever so tight
And to feel in the night the nearness of you."



=> A long summer night. The hot air. The air conditioner of the car. The much needed conversation. Wishing the time never moved any further. The desire to be together. Being together. The holding of hands. A peck on the cheeks. A beautiful morning. Understanding "I Love You...". And the assurance.

No comments:

Missing : Mothership

No one warned me that being an immigrant meant being stuck in time.  My life is anything but simple. But my life has hardly ever been what i...