Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Fantasies and fornications... :p


Seems like I have forgotten to blog. But no, its basically a phase where I am distracted by a lot of things. There are my mood swings I am dealing with and work pressure which I don't feel which worries me. Its monotony and the rebel in my again becoming restless and its a deep deep urge to travel which is so overwhelming that its hard to contain. I'd explain this in detail once I am done updating blog from where I left.

These days I have been on a mission to make a new playlist. I am in a mood for contemporary, old, young, hip-hop english and even world music. I am giving my Hindi songlist a break. I am mostly nobody's particular fan.. because Fan or favourite is a word too opinioted according to me. I am going by recommendations and here are a few which are worth giving a try.

  • Coffee Shop by Landon Pigg(Its for the lyrics and the video that you should listen to this)
  • Whiskey Lullaby by Brad Paisley(a-mae-zeeeengggg)
  • Fireflies by Owl city (perfect as a ringtone, not too loud)
  • Iktara (male version.. which is vocally passionate compared to the female version which is soothing to the soul)
  • Carry you home by James Blunt(Love him for his songs carry his wartime pain, grief and sense of loss.)
  • You're beautiful by James Blunt (Its beautiful.. really! :))
I would recommend everyone to try these. They are about love and loss, more about love.. soft, everlasting and mellow.. Just the way I like my music.

I bought a new tennis racket. It's non-branded and cost me Rs 850/- to be precise. I do not want to fuss over having Head or Babolat or Wilson. Let me first play for 3 months and if I get a hang of this sport I'd buy a nice one.

I am looking for dance classes which teach contemporary form of dance. Where life can be emoted through dance movements. I don't know why but I often imagine myself being on a stage and dancing away to a piano tune. I soon need to find the place where I can start off but to find what I am looking for in a place like Ahmedabad... I have my doubts.
Dance frees the soul and so does travelling. And that is why I am fornicating about a trip to some uninhabited island. Maybe it is the daily routine which has bored me or it is this time of the year which gets the adrenaline rushing. I have lived a disciplined life so far.. Now I hear a distant voice from inside of me saying that its time to stretch a bit, experiment a little, meet new people, take chances and be all on my own. Yeah... Thats the part I most look forward to.

Travelling alone is a dream.. my ultimate aim which I believe is going to lead me to the final aim. I do not know why but a perfect holiday for me would be to go on a backpack trip all around the world. I see it happening. I imagine wading my way through crowded streets, strolling on the sea beaches, bathing in the sun, attending hawaian parties, wind surfing or simply driving through the most beautiful landscapes. I see myself making friends with whackos, living like nomads do and singing and dancing as if it was armageddon tomorrow. The urge to travel is soooooooo freaking strong that I feel trapped and grounded in this city of lights :(. Shit! this is worse than getting stoned. Especially when the energy is bubbling like a lava would before a volcano. I doubt anything would play antidote now...

I am mad and I am going insane :P

PS : Advance Happy New Years wishes to everyone! Hope you stick to your resolution of loosing weight.. Don't more than half have this on their wishlist?? ;)


6 comments:

tOm said...

I have that on my wishlist too. I am beginning to exemplify the shape 'Round'!! :D

partho said...

Am glad there are still a few insane people around...BTW i am hell bent on making it to Ladakh in jul'2010..if the insanity thing still prevails till then..give me a buzz...

Samir said...

thats the problem with discipline.. The more u follow it, the more u wanna break free from it. And when u do so, there's always someone to rub in the fact that u are so indisciplined. :D

So i wudnt call it insanity, it may be a sort of defense mechanism so as to not become insane.

According to me nurturing creative hobbies like dance, music or sports is not a bad way of breaking free as long as u dont have to maintain another timetable for it. :)

I was particularly inspired from one rant of my fav cartoon character calvin-"why is it that i always have to sacrifice what i WANT to do for what i HAVE to do?" We live for 60-70yrs out of which 25 odd goes in education, 30 in earning.. So basically we just leave the last 10 years for what we want to do, that is, if we are functional enough then. N i m surely not gonna take that chance. I ll live the way i want to, n simultaneously find time to do what i have to as well. All the high pressure and negativity around me had made me forget that for the past one or two years. So, in the next year, i resolve to follow that funda more often. And anyways i dont wanna lose weight any further. :D

Unknown said...

we both have kinda same adrenaline rush to go somewhere out of here...i wannna go coz m fed up of mah routine which has only one thing in it...while u are a bit tired or may be bored of your routine...btw try learning salsa...i only like that form of dance...ahmedabad mein there are salsa classes...n i would say go to goa or malaysia,switz or that place where u went in january...may be u will be back to normal then...n losing weight would be on mah wishlist for sure..no doubt abt that...

Unknown said...

And iktara and you're beautiful are mindblowing...also try listening to "when you love someone","i do it for you"(both by bryan adams_ and my love from westlife...and many more romantic songs...i have many in mah playlist

Unknown said...

hey listen to Angels on the moon by thriving ivory.. Very good lyrics.. check it out : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Mi10ujLq3M

Missing : Mothership

No one warned me that being an immigrant meant being stuck in time.  My life is anything but simple. But my life has hardly ever been what i...