Saturday, October 03, 2009

Wording my fear, concern and anger

I have been itching to say this.

To all who drink and smoke as if they were immortal souls. Who think parties are incomplete without booze. Who spend at least ten percent of their earning buying cigarette packets. And who feel proud pampering their beer bellies. You guys might not be as unlucky as my friend who died of cardiac arrest last month. Reason: years of smoking, eating manikchand and drinking everyday and conveniently ignoring high cholesterol blood reports. But then you are neither glorified versions of superman or he-man. You are as susceptible to cancer and any such fatal disease as anyone else is. You can land up in a hospital, be put on a ventilator or go into coma. You wouldn't know what happens then, you wont be in the senses to even know about yourself. But remember there are people who are planning to call you, chat with you or merely thinking of you.

Is it so difficult to understand that life is precious and living it right is important? Are you so ignorant that you don't know why you are ill? How can you find comfort in people's sympathetic word and how on earth can you bloody pity yourself? Don't you take charge of your life? Is making a point to exercise early in the morning for an hour everyday a herculean task? Is a disciplined lifestyle so difficult to live? Why do you do things that spoil your mental and physical health, give thousands of rupees to doctors to get well only to fall sick again? Why is your attitude so slack towards your own life? If at 25 you have no direction in life then when will you? What are you waiting for? Another death? Maybe one of your parent or some other family member? I doubt you'd change even after that!!!


10 comments:

Nick said...

sorry for the loss of your friend...and i totally agree with you...these things are just useless and meaningless...

killer said...

hair rasing n true .... derz a beautiful life beyond suttaz n booze... i did so can u !! Quit smokin ... but beer lolz ocassional !!!!!

Nidhi Kalra said...

Nikhil bachhe u r growing up and you'd find such company soon enough. I am glad you understand that these things are meaningless. Just dont get carried away.

Guts hope you have quit for good. How ocassional are your beers woh to teri paunch dekh kar hi pata chalega!!! :P
Anyway good going.

Unknown said...

didi i have got the company of guys who smoke cigaretts and sutta regularly....but i actually kinda hate it..cant tolerate that smoke..

Samir said...

i ve been acquainted to a few people who smoke and/or booze. I ve always wondered how they justify continuing their habits. These are a few 'reasons' given by them:
*'i have to smoke yaar. I wanna be cool n hep now. I can leave it anytime i want later.'
*i would rather sacrifice 5 to 10 yrs of my life than live the remaining 30 years without smoking or boozing.
*hey my dad n uncles smoke n booze. And they are fit n fine. Such diseases dont run in my family.
*its my wish yaar. I dont have to give explanations regarding it to anyone.(this one hurt me the most coz i thought i was trying to help out a close friend of mine.)
*i seriously want to give it up. But all this work stress keeps making me fall back to it.

So personally i feel that most of the people are unapologetic about their actions (except in the last case) and it is not worth wasting one's time and effort on changing their minds. Time is the best teacher in such cases. If i m lucky enough i would really want to ask these 5 guys the same question 20 yrs later.

Samir said...

o i forgot to mention. 3 out of the 5 reasons mentioned above were given by doctors.

killer said...

@SAMIR ... u cant n dont want to justify untill its self realized... few ppl have n habbit of reapeatin thinz ova n ova untill dey realize it dat wat dey doin iz wrong or wat has gone back !!!...evry one knowz d proz n conzz ...its not bout time its bout d care ppl take to pull u out of it n again will to stand away n be clean !!! Dont stay away 4m tellin onez around ya dat it KILLZZ!!!!


@NIDHI .... lolz may be ya'll find meah flauntin mah ABZZ in spite of Belly !!!

N GOD BLESS 2 ONE WHO LEFT !!!!!!!

Nidhi Kalra said...

Samir, few things you mentioned here has generalised the mentality of all. The biggest problem with smokers and drinkers is that they associate status with it and they feel they are invincible.My dad smoked for thirty years. When he decided to give up he had a bad time going through the withdrawal symptoms. I rem once when he collapsed on the road near Vaishno devi. It was scary but he is finally out of it. His views on smoking are that if you're not smoking you are not missing anything. And I todally second that!

About leaving it on time, like I said I lost a friend to smoke and booze. And the incidence has left a bad taste in my mouth. And that is why I want to tell as many people as I can that please wake up! wake up right away and introspect and make the required changes. And if I sound like a nag let it be. I don't mind being labelled a nag but I do mind not having the people who are important to me around for long.

But there are still instances where I want to say please give up smoking, please be disciplined, but either I don't share that rapport with the person or I don't think I have the right to say it. Both ways I secretly pray that they realize what I want to say sooner than later. And I definitely don't wish to leave it on time.

Guts, sweets I am soooooo glad you realised it! I used to wonder if you've wud ever learn that would ever make the changes? Its good to know you are. Stay happy always. :)

Nidhi Kalra said...

Gatte I have bought a red pen especially for you! To underline your spelling and grammar mistakes he he :P

killer said...

haha n yeah mn gona giv ya tonz fo cahnces ot mrak mah shpallin mishhtakes mam!!!!!!!!!!!! gat few reafillz 2....lolzzzzzzzzzzzz

Missing : Mothership

No one warned me that being an immigrant meant being stuck in time.  My life is anything but simple. But my life has hardly ever been what i...