Friday, January 08, 2010

Am stuck.. need help!

First I was struggling to find time to start with the assignment and now I am struggling with what to write. I enrolled in Writer's Bureaus' creative writing course last October. For the first one month, I read through the first module. I was supposed to start with the first assignment but did not because of work and social engagements. This being the years start and I am trying to do some good for myself have restarted with the course again. My first assignment is pretty simple. It is 300 words on why I want to write, what do I hope to learn from the course and what are my ambitions for the future. Looks quite easy but I am unable to figure out the first part of the question. Why do I want to write???

Had it been someone asking me the same I would have said because I want to write. But I guess just 'wanting' won't suffice!

Can anyone help me? My head is like... jarred.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i have few suggestion... coz u love playing with words.. its a challenge, coz u believe in saying pen is more powerful than sword (old one :P), I have so many thoughts n views to share with the world in other words i want my views to be known and appreciated n be famous, and some more... bt important is u shud have passion for it n know u can do something big by writing...

Samir said...

Well if i had to imagine myself in ur place i wud have written that i like/want to write to fulfil my own creative urge/satisfaction. N also to get better at the art of ascribing words to the wide gamut of emotions i feel, but sometimes am not able to express it appropriately so as to do justice to them...

Could u plz pass on the contact details of the writers' bureau? :P The lines i wrote above actually managed to convince me to start creative writing myself. :D LOL!

Jay Bhatt said...

Adding to what Samir said, some people speak without a tinge of introspection. They just blabber whatever comes to their mind. They do spoil the spot at times just because of this reason. It happens with me many a times.

While writing i can indulge myself deeply into a thought which i want to express. Giving proper words to the sentence is another benefit of writing. And who knows, verbally, many things just fizzle out while, a written note remains as long as we want. Books are the perfect evidence to that.

Unknown said...

i cant comment like the ones jay samir and dhaval did...but i will say you write because you like writing....you believe in penning your thoughts n emotions rather then just dreaming of then n forgetting them after some time...and the biggest reason is that you have a passion for writing n nothing can overcome that passion...n there are things which people do just coz they are passionate abt it n there is no other reason except that...no body asks asks AB y he started acting...its just that he was passionate about it and had a liking for it...its just as simple as that...and the other thing is apart from being passionate you are not afraid to pen your thoughts...you are confident of your self that even if what you arite will not be good it doesnt matter but it will never be bad...

Missing : Mothership

No one warned me that being an immigrant meant being stuck in time.  My life is anything but simple. But my life has hardly ever been what i...