Sunday, January 31, 2010

A Thank You note


In all the parts that I wrote, I did not mention a few people and even if I did I would like to again to tell them all how exactly how much important they are/have been all throughout the phase.

Dadda and Mamma - Thank You sooooooo much for being there. In my time spent in UK I realised how important it was to have you people around at all time. No amount of words or even gestures can match up to the unconditional love and support you guys have given me.

Mamma thanks for instilling into me the desire to dream. The wish to aspire. Thanks for trusting me.

Dadda thanks for being my back bone. Thanks for talking to me for hours, for hearing me cry, for telling me I could do it and also for saying 'Chinta mat kar, hum hain.'

Thanks for helping me with my research! For sorting out my queries over the phone and discussing ideas for my dissert.

Thanks to both of u together for raising me the way you did. For providing me with the best yet equipping me with abilities to cope up with the worst.

Aditi, Deepika, Dhruti - I call them ma bitches. Few of the very strong-headed females that I know. Not once did they sympathize. Not once did they say 'Poor you'. Not even when my relationship ended abruptly and I thought my world had crashed. Well my break-up story can be split into another five parts but I reckon I'd save it for my book.

But yeah.. Aditi thanks for saying 'Get him out of your system kyunki option nahi hai bidu' then. I thought that was your indifference but now I can say you gaged the situation way ahead than me. Deepika thanks for listening to me silently when I cried and cribbed in front of you. This time when we met and you told me I had changed I felt happy. Dhruta thanks for praying for me, for cheering me up.

Its only after not speaking, staying aloof, arguing and later fighting with you all I accepted situations the way they were. It was frustrating but thanks for not letting me become emotionally vulnerable.

S - Saviour in disguise. I have lost touch with him but how can I forget what great help he was to me. Thanks a tonnes.

Jimmy - One person except the ones I deemed my closest, who became a friend, listened to my story, understood it perfectly and motivated me to keep working towards my goal. 'Wait and watch Nidhi, how the coming year is going to be for you' thats what he said to me often. The time has passed and he has been right. Thank You Jimss for being a great friend.

Masi(Aunt) - For welcoming me into her house again. For being so generous and being so selfless.

G - I have already expressed my gratitude towards him in G and me. And I am will continue to do so.

Jhaiji, Badi-mamma, papa and minks - Hadn't it been for these people, I would have had to seriously consider going to USA. Thanks for welcoming me into the house and loving me so much. Thanks for adjusting and accommodating me. Thank you for worrying after me, inquiring about my whereabouts, insisting that I should eat when I say I ain't hungry, keeping up until late when I am out and never trying to impose anything on me. It matters and it is gratifying.

P - If G set the ball rolling, you wheeled it even further for me. Thank you for showing faith, telling me I am good, insisting me to get over my hesitations and most importantly empowering me with responsibilities. It is so important to have a positive working environment and you provided just that. Thanks for being a listener :)

N - Who is more protective about me than I would be of myself. Who is emotional, who worries too when I am out, who loves me and appreciates me as a person. N, I may come across as inexpressive at times.. but like i keep telling u-kuch log jatate hain, kuch nahi. Aapko thanks nahi bolungi because thats a deal between us.. just a big big hug!


4 comments:

Deepika said...

mawaaaaaaaah babes... love u! read all of it n loved it. As always i tell uncle, she is a natural talented writer... the way u put everything in such a simple language is fantastic... waiting for ur book someday! and hoping ek chapter individually mere n aditi pe hoga :P

Anonymous said...

Wonderfully appreciated and nicely done from the bottom of your heart..Well to the best that I can express this day would be THANKS to you....Thanks to God for giving me the most beautiful friend who made her way to find the one...ITS U....keep smiling :)

Samir said...

Very well written series of blogs, which, as usual carry your trademark of sincere n straightforward writing.. As rightly described above, hardly any complicated words or phrases used, it was simple yet effective and engrossing. U have justified the title well. And to think that all this was unplanned and spontaneous makes ur effort even more commendable. And probably u've ended it in the best possible way. Coz i feel that though a lot of events described were not so happy, yet throughout this phase, u kept meeting people who made it a bit easier to persevere through the bad times. Infact it is they who probably played a very big role in making u wat u are today. As for ur family n close friends, I think it is not easy to always be there for u wen u needed them, and yet, make sure their presence never once overwhelmed ur independence. So expressing ur gratitude to all of them is, no doubt, the best way to end this series.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. Keep flying birdie... you have a dream to fulfill, for the 'Invisible'... good luck & God bless you !!

Missing : Mothership

No one warned me that being an immigrant meant being stuck in time.  My life is anything but simple. But my life has hardly ever been what i...