Monday, March 21, 2011

Because I am absolutely the opposite of you!

Is what cheentie told me when I thanked her for reading my blogs!

She referred to the common friend's mum's health and we discussed about life's uncertainties, attachments and the pain it brings. In the moment of pause there hit a realization that here is a girl who follows my blogs and takes them seriously. Maybe she doesn't know but I will word it out here- it means the world to me cheentie.. and you know it because you have been around for the longest time. As I thanked her for following my blog, she said to me "I like your writing style. Its fun to read. You can express very well and you are lucky that you have that gift." I said to her " Thank you for noticing my gift". And prompt came her reply - "I notice because I am the exact opposite." This statement brought a smile to my face because at that very moment I was thinking of telling her the same.

Because I think and analyse too much, I sprinted down the memory lane and thought of the times I had gotten annoyed with her because she lacked the skill to word her feelings. I remember getting irritated by her incapability to communicate well. I recollected times when she listened to me and I waited for her to react. How frustrated I was!

But when she put in words her lack of expressiveness.. some knots of distance loosened and I felt close to her instantly.

Lack of expressions or too much of expressiveness.. does any of it matter.. I wonder. Me and cheentie have known each other for almost 10 years. We have gone from being extremely talkative to being busy to becoming distant. There were instances when I my over expressiveness caused me to think I had lost her. But in those times, it was her inexpressiveness that kept us bounded. She might not have said exactly the words I would have wanted her to say, but at this point it all seems frivolous.

Aren't relationships about imperfect people trying to stick together? Aren't relationships about unresolved fights, unfulfilled expectations and unsorted instances? Isn't each of us dealing with something or the other with someone? If yes is an answer to all of this then I reckon me and cheentie have faired pretty well.

I'd give a 10 on 10 to us because she is absolutely the opposite of what I am and thats what makes us... PERFECT TOGETHER!!! :)

2 comments:

cheentie said...

Mawaaaaaaaaaaah :) I wasn't expecting this...I thought the news you gave me other day was the surprise you mentioned, but this is even bigger surprise.. to read something written by you..aapne dono ko leke is always nice... :)
10 saal ho gaye tujhe jhelte hue...time flies man!!
You made me nostalgic babes!!

Love you!!

Anonymous said...

keep on writing di :)

Missing : Mothership

No one warned me that being an immigrant meant being stuck in time.  My life is anything but simple. But my life has hardly ever been what i...