Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Such a wasted day at work!

I am trying to keep my eyes open, my mind wants coffee, my sore throat is wanting hot ginger tea. Its hot in here and people are quietly doing their work. My work is reviewed by my colleague.

A gtalk friend pings me and asks have I written any fiction lately. I tell him I have not been able to find time. He tells me I should let him know if I write fiction again. I wonder why. He signs off and I am back with myself sitting on this chair still waiting for the review to get over.

Today everything looks so frivolous. I just thought of my colleague who recently got engaged. We all notice the new changes in her. We joke about her incessant talks with her fiance amongst ourselves.
Now I am thinking about my career and the way its going. Where am I headed? Do I like this place? Do I want a change? Is there job satisfaction? Would I trade good colleagues and flexibility/freedom of a start-up with better salary and pressure of a brand company? Right now.. I just have one answer.. I don't know.

I guess I know who I should be speaking to..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ek simple si baat hai Nidhi. The job in life is to progress rather than ways to find different approaches to it. Time in these cases play vital role. Hope you understand that with exprience you adore yourself for making the right decisions for you. :) Well the rest I would say is that job mei sirf do baate sochni chaiye....jayda emotional nahi hona kyunki stress nahi lena hai....aur jyada hectic nahi hona kyunki life mei har angle cover karna hai. :P

Sab set ho jayega, dont worry keep smiling.
-Anoograha

Missing : Mothership

No one warned me that being an immigrant meant being stuck in time.  My life is anything but simple. But my life has hardly ever been what i...