Friday, March 11, 2011

Surprise from "The guy" :P

Two days back a school junior added me on facebook. Then she spoke to me later in the day and then called me the next day and insisted we meet up for coffee. The conversation went something like this :

"Hi"
"Hi"
"How are you?"
"Good, thanks. You?"
"Where do you work?"
"At Ashram Road"
"Lets meet"
"Sure, tell me when."
"Today?"
"How about Saturday?"
"I want to see you today but?"
I am mildly surprised by the enthusiasm she has to catch. I am secretly happy that there are girls out there like that. I readily agree to meet her. Infact I invite her to my place for coffee. We promise to co-ordinate and meet at around 6 pm.

At 5:15 we decide to meet near a shoe store. I reach there and am waiting for her when someone else, who I did not expect in the least to be there, arrive. His french beard suits him. His glasses make him look geeky. His smile reaches his eyes. His face has the same genuinity that they always had. Its Vish.. bacchhe as I lovingly call him, my school junior, my eccentric chat friend.

I am a bit stupid in reacting to that surprise from him. I don't completely get off my activa instead hug him half sitting. We look at each other for full two minutes and smile harder than ever. From behind comes the lady who insisted on having coffee that very evening. She is a common friend. Infact the real connection is that they both are classmates and are my school juniors.

I thank her for the surprise. Inside my head I am still a little taken aback by this gesture from Vish. He has no idea he unintentionally cheered me up. I was cribbing about loneliness et all remember? Well Vish's visit proved to be a total mood uplifter.

Coming back to the scene, Vish hops onto my activa and we drive to someplace where we can eat. While driving he tells me "I did it!" and I ask him what. "Surprise someone on my birthday" and I go oops.. its your birthday! then I suddenly remember wishing him on his fb wall and think of my stupidity of not remembering it when he is with me. So after we reach municipal market I hug him once more properly and wish him happy birthday. He smiles hiskid like smile and we head to Cheers.

While sitting together he reminds me of the blog he wrote for us. Its called She's the man, I am the guy. I smile at him and his thoughtful ways. He stares at me a little more than usual and I wonder whats going on in his head. We order non-grilled white bread purohit sandwich(his favourite) and sugar cane juice. While we wait we update each other about our lives. We discuss his random eccentricity, the love of his life, his various crushes, his goals, the realities, the responsibilities and what not!

After about an hour and half we return home. The meet is short because its a regular working day and I have certain chores to get done with. But the meet was nice. Although the time was less we had a great time. I don't know when I get to see him next but I'd like to thank him for surprising him on his birthday! Such gestures are hard to forget.. thanks bachhe! You did make my day!

2 comments:

Hiral Trivedi said...

Ah Purohit's, A mere mentioning of the place (Ahmedabad) you belong to always peps you up. :)

GOd bless.

Samir said...

Your writing style continues to be photographic in nature. One can visualize the events unfolding before their eyes while reading what you've written. That is pretty much amazing!

You find good, rather apt words to express your emotions / feelings. Keep the good thing going!

Missing : Mothership

No one warned me that being an immigrant meant being stuck in time.  My life is anything but simple. But my life has hardly ever been what i...