Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I am moving from here...

The weather is playing its magic again and the rain drops have brought lots of nostalgia along. I cant help but say I am one of those few who have had a fantastic start to her career. One I do what I love doing and two the people that I have worked with are very encouraging and supportive.

But like all good things come to an end this will too. Within few hours I will be gone from here. And wont I miss being here? Yes. I will miss our little ascendum where I spent hours thinking, dreaming and writing articles. I am recollecting my times with K, the way we organised our work so that we could deliver everything on time. We checked our emails everyday and waited with crossed fingers for feedbacks after deliveries and how there were sighs of relief when there was no email and how we celebrated when the client appreciated our work. There was one time when we spent a whole month re-doing articles. My heart had skipped a beat reading the harsh feedback and that was one time when I sensed work pressure. We got on with the re-work which we continued even on Sundays. After we made the final deliveries we checked the email everyday with crossed fingers and wished there was no more re-work. So when the client reverted back saying 'The articles look great' I slumped into my chair and thanked the almighty. Whoa what an eventful month that was.

Little little things which make up these 6 months here are what will make me miss this place. I will miss being interrupted by N in the middle of the work and P's tap-tap on the glass door. I'll miss N and his handshake, his affectionate gestures, his protective streak and his amazing sense of humor. I'll miss our chai breaks and endless yakking sessions. The HR's cabin is one place after my ascendum where I had some good laughs. Thank you N (you know the N-N thing is gonna stay for long and you're right, this place was just a beginning to our long long association!!). I'll miss A, the li'l mature girl without whom life here would be dull. Who am I gonna discuss clothes and chirkonda with? I'll miss being called 'Nidhi didi'... huggs bachhe!

I will miss listening to K talk about her endless list of prospective grooms. I wish her good luck with all the decisions she takes.. I'll be glad if the decision are hers. K I never told you this but what you are now is what I was few years ago - naive and unsure. Every time we have discussed issues concerning you I have found similarity in your confused state of mind with mine. It is understandable and something I can smile at now. But you know what, time and circumstances change everybody. If you make the choices and not take what is given to you you will find your confidence shoot up to another level. Would love to see you in charge of your own life. Good luck howratt!!!!

Another thing which makes this place special is my tête-à-tête with P. Every time I have spoken to him I have realized he is a different breed, the kind which is rare to find these days. He has helped me overcome my hesitations and answered even the stupidest of my questions. Thanks P..for your patience. His advices, encouraging smile and his non-nonsensical behavior are admirable. Bless you!

Today is my last day at work here. Next week I start my new job. I am looking forward to the new opportunities in store but am skeptical about the kind of people I meet. I know I am going to make comparisons with the friends and colleagues I met here. I am only wishing the place is, if not more, but as good as this one.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish u all the best bacheee... just keep doing the good wrk wherever you go.... one thg is there u'll comes out with flying colors n mk people feel proud of u for ur achievements....God Bless..

Unknown said...

congrats for the new job didi...yaar aap to miss karoge sabko but itna pakka hai k shyd baki sab aapko jyada miss karenge aapke colleagues...n jahan aap ja rhe ho there will be more oppportunities n more worl load to deal with...best of luck...

Partho said...

Excellence has always been achieved by those who dared 2 believe that some thing inside them was superior to circumstances.Believe in your self. Control your mind & you control the world around you..Stay well & do good...

Nitin said...

I'd like to do the big things and
the splendid things to help you,
To brush the gray from out your skies
and leave them only blue;


- by an Anonymous poet

Missing : Mothership

No one warned me that being an immigrant meant being stuck in time.  My life is anything but simple. But my life has hardly ever been what i...