Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Aap to hamein yaad hi nahi karte..

It used to annoy me when someone who dint know me that well, hardly met me, and spoke only once every few months say something like - 'Bade log ho gaye ho aap to' and even worse 'Bade bhaav badh gaye hain aapke'. I used to be revert back with something like - ' I did not call you but did you? When we decide to make time for each other why not be pleasant to each other? '

I tried explaining the same to one of my school friends who not only said this but also stretched it into an argument. Irritating as it is to give explanations, it also became necessary to make him understand. Isn't saying a huge hello, giving a big hug/smile and catching up on lost time much better and more productive than accusing? He nodded his head and said the next time I would find him different. And yes I surely did. We spoke around 6 months after that and guess what he said - 'Aap to hamein yaad hi nahi karte'!!! Ugh uh...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you got it right...i have come across the situations many times and i just hate this thing..elders say aap to hamein yaad hi nahi karte and people of our age say bhot bade insaan hogye ho..they are questions which makes one feel at a loss of words to answer it...n i haven't found the solution to it yet

deepika said...

nidhi aap bhi humein yaad nahi karte.... :P hehehehehhehehehehehehehehehehehe hahahahahahahhaahhahahaahah

Missing : Mothership

No one warned me that being an immigrant meant being stuck in time.  My life is anything but simple. But my life has hardly ever been what i...