Friday, July 10, 2009

Are you single? Find it out here...

Yay! I am almost 24, not that bad looking, witty and intelligent too(People say that, honest!). Yet I am single and umm employed. You must be wondering whats the connection? Hang in there people.. will come to that sooner. For now read on to find out the whats and hows of 'singles'.

When I say 'single', I mean really single. I mean if you are reading this post and a face just popped up in front of you or if you've a little crush here and you flirt a bit there then dearie, apologies to break the news, you're NOT 'single'.

Single are the one's whose minds are empty. A todal vacuum. You know what I mean by a vaccuum right? I mean she ain't worried about what to wear(read it as - what he would like her to wear), she doesn't keep shooting glances at their mobile phone(because just any minute their sweetheart would call), she doesn't listen to soft romantic numbers and drift into a dreamy haze and when she says she is bored, she is really bored.

Yay, I could recognize i-aint-seeing-anyone person from a distance. Its easy trust me. She is always surrounded by a mix of boys and girls, she ain't glued to her mobile phone and the best of all - there are no read-between-the lines in her facial expressions. When she says she is going home after work, she is actually going home. When she replies late to text messages and say its because the cell was in other room and she was in other, believe her. Believe her when she says she is not thinking anything despite of the lost expression on her face. There are all the chances her mum din't let her buy a new shade of nail paint or more likely she is cursing her college mate and plotting to kill her.

Are you dating and your best friend is not? Even better. Trust me trust me. In those dark, painful hours, if you're not going great guns with your sweetheart you can rely on her. Guaranteed she'll be a great counsellor. Why i'll tell you. 1) She doesn't have experiences behind her to relate to while she listens to your crap, ahem ahem I mean your broken love tale. Hence no question of being biased 2) if you're among those sensible ones who believe in 'sorting out by talking out', she'll listen to both ov your sides and will be sane enough to boil down to a reasonable solution and 3) she is single. It says lots. She has all the time in the world to listen to your rants. Honestly, if you ask me she is the best punching bag you'd find. Cry in front of her, crib too.. she wont mind, she just wont mind.(atleast she wont show you so!) awww can't blame her can you?

Oh and I todally forgot to tell you all the importance of being employed while you're 'not with someone'. The most obvious thing that comes to the head about going to work while single is that work keeps you busy. Yeah all must have heard this famous line 'I work alot because it keeps my mind from wandering'. And its true too. You go to work, you meet your colleagues, you interact with your boss, I mean there isn't much time to mull over singlehood(if at all you're single by force.) I mean look at me, I have a wonderful colleague. She and me in our cozy little den sit and work and listen to music. What more can you ask fer people? Oh yeah.. and if your HR manager is as cool as ours and your process head is as young and interesting as ours then you surely surely would know why being employed makes singlehood a state to stay in. Days just float by, time just flies. Work comes, then more of it comes and then suddenly there's a gap when we loaf around, have longer tea and lunch breaks than allowed(:P), catch up on world happening (read gossip); courtesy our HR manager - N, :p. Until there is work to do again.. and life just passes by like a smooth sailing river.

Hmmm.. while I savour the feeling of freedom go take a pee break.

but do come back for more!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very good description of singlehood..you are a very good observer of life coz you describe the things in such a way that it seems the thing is going on in front of you..and according to this i will say that even though i listen to soft numbers i am definitely single

Unknown said...

waah....
a beautiful write.... a lot is goin in my mind....just like you wanna break free..... but I am not sure... regarding the " flirt " or " crush " thing..... i mean I keep having crushes here and there. maybe because I just admire beauty....so how does it say ... I won't be single then..... people can be romantic by nature .....that's what listening to soft numbers and day dreaming could also mean ......I am not sure though.... being all this does not make me "single".

Vish

Missing : Mothership

No one warned me that being an immigrant meant being stuck in time.  My life is anything but simple. But my life has hardly ever been what i...