Friday, July 10, 2009

The upside of being single

Hey back? Well I din't go anywhere. Hmm.. kya karein.. mausam hi aisa hai. Bheeni bheeni mitti ki khushbu, ghane badal and my sooooo personal virtual place. Hell yeah! I will never stop writing. Ahem, anyway. The previous post was all about recognizing singles. This one will talk about why be single.

I have read a lot of websites which write about what I'm writing about. They all start off with tell tales of singlehood being great. The best time to develop great bonds with friends and families which are forgotten conveniently when you're all gooey gooey and sugary sugary with your sweetie pie. But these get-paid-to-write websites have a major flaw. They quickly drift towards coaxing singles to mingle. I mean hello! That is sooooo not fair! You are just breaking the conduct by giving the very advice. Agreed there are lots of desperate, single-by-force kinda lunatics around. But what about the one's I just described in the previous blog? They ain't looking for anyone? They are innocent little souls who are so comfortable and content with their straight life.

No worries all you my-types. Come hither. I shall pep you up with some real, believable, tangible facts about the upside of being single.

The biggest advantage of being single is you lie lot less than what you would have if you were with someone. Dont believe me? See it for yerself. Do you worry about what excuse to make because its weekend and you have to go for a party with your guy? No right? You merrily tell mamma that your going out with friends and they are coming to pick you up.

Do you conjure up aunts and uncles of your friends who have broken their legs, are in hospitals and wont be able to survive if your friend dint go see them. And just then her bike broke down so you had to accompany her. Phew! Strings of lie that just flow when your blinded by that thing.. Now tell me all you singles out there? Don't you feel good about being honest to your parents for a change? It sure does right? Good then lets move onto the next up-per.

Ok when was the last you threw a pyjama party and were not disurbed by phone calls? From your darling ofcourse..dah! Been long yeah? And in that time you've transitioned from the-girl-in-love to the-hot-single-in-demand? Then its time you got your stuff out of the attic(if you haven't grown fat that is), rung your squeaky girl-friends and did a sleep over for good. I mean what fun being total b$%*hes. Take it from me it is a world of different experience. You discover each one of your girl in a new way. You suddenly realize how much they have changed and ugh uh.. how you failed to notice all of that. And the best is you are now absolutely one among them. Todally todally their friend. Imagine the bliss you feel being an active member of the 'gang' and the bliss they feel 'having you back'? Simply undescribable.Yay.

It's apparent though why you see more, do more and think more about your girls. Its because all your mind is inside you. It isn't lurking in a little corner peeping sneakily into your guy's fag stick, nor is it bothered about his whereabouts. And yeah this one I forgot to mention - your girl gang is happy with you because now you dont interrupt the intense gossip sessions because your darling was missing you at 3 in the morning and he called 'just to let you know'! Wow.. imagine the number of people you're pleasing? Isn't that just too cool?

What next? Umm.. I'll be a little cheezy and get inspired by the get-paid-to-write writerrrs. Hee hee.. I know I know! I did criticze them. But hey! I said they do the coaxing a bit too quickly. I never said they were wrong did I? hee hee. So here's the last up-per of being single from me via get-to-paid-writers to you.

It feels like christmas came a bit too early? And you are busy painting the town red, giggling and chuckling with your girls, buying gifts for each other. You're going around window gazing, happy to wear all the lovely hats and just then you spot that cute, dimpled, blue-eyed creature from mars at the corner buying some crackers! His curly bunch of hair, oh so sexieee! His amazing side-locks take your breath away and yay! A switch turns on somewhere and you smile to yourself and look away and look back again. Thats a familiar ticklish feeling somewhere right? For the time being you so not in the single's league. And yes thats the biggest up-per only the singles get to relish owing to their not so pre-occupied minds. They can listen to their hearts, and follow it too. And theirs will be a fantastic happy ending.

Now you see my dearies.. Love doesn't come with a warning. Its like Neo(from the movie series Matrix) who enters effortlessly into A smith. Without a warning, least bothered about choices. And when it leaves again, mark my words, this post will make a lot of sense.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Enjoyed every bit of it...:-)

nidhi said...

Thanks Subroto.. :)

Partho said...

Wow!! Singlehood zindabad....

deepika said...

mawaaah meri jaan... each n every word so true... abb its makes sense to me too ;) singlehood amazing hai... hehe

Missing : Mothership

No one warned me that being an immigrant meant being stuck in time.  My life is anything but simple. But my life has hardly ever been what i...